Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design
This course is for those who wish to take things a step further from word processing software such as Microsoft Word. This is an entry level course designed to teach you about how to work with images and more advanced layout and production techniques for in-house publication, full print runs or on-screen presentations.
The course includes basics such as formats, file resolutions, colour management, file types and output options. Learn how to balance and retouch existing images and how to put text and images into a layout ready for print or screen. The course can be tailored to suit your area of interest or you can get a general overview of different types of media and how to produce the content.
PLC School and Training Centre uses Microsoft Publisher for beginners or those wanting to publish for themselves. Students can then go on to more advanced publishing and editing techniques and software once the basics are understood.
Generally, these are just a few of the topics covered:
- Colour modes and file formats
- Scanning, processing and saving images
- Editing and balancing images / photos
- Fonts - file types and font faces
- Fonts - how to use and control text in a layout
- Preparing artwork for print
- Preparing artwork for screen display
- Preparing PDF documents
- Introduction to animation
- Creating images or logos from scratch
- History of graphic design in the advertising field - famous designs and brands.
Note: we highly recommend our Microsoft Word course if you are completely new to graphic design or advanced publishing. This will give you the basics of design techniques, available tools, clipart / images and common menu items.
Graphic Design and Publishing Course prices
Courses with an English speaking teacher
Courses with a Thai teacher (Thai Language only)